Sunday, December 15, 2013

My top 6 albums of 2013

Well, it's that "Albums of the year list" time again...

Seeing as music is timeless and these lists are purely subjective, it seems only natural to me for my list to consist of those albums that have had the most pleasant effect on my perception throughout the last year, rather than confining myself to albums created or released this year.

I will not attempt any lengthy descriptions of the music, any such summaries seem woefully inadequate. A few simple adjectives should suffice... Have a listen to them!

#6 Hate Forest - Temple Forest

Otherworldly minimalist synth

#5 Thergothon - Fhtagn Nagh Yog-sothoth

Slow, grim, foreboding

#4 Ash Ra Tempel - Ash Ra Tempel

Intense, droning psych

#3 Graveland - Immortal Pride

Fuzzed-out, epic, messy

#2 Hate Forest - Sorrow

Driving, overwhelming, epic

#1 Amon Duul - Yeti

Intensely imaginative, rhythmic psych

No comments:

Post a Comment